Thursday, January 13, 2011

Raul Osorio named one of City Pages 100 Creatives

As part of its ongoing 100 Creatives series, City Pages has named local women's and menswear designer Raul Osorio as one of the Twin Cities' most creative forces. Today they're featuring an extensive Q&A with the Honduran designer, who had quite the busy 2010 - debuting at Voltage, participating in SCENEaSOTA and his own dual show with Danielle Everine, "Pale Rider," and the Minneapolis Institute of Art's MNfashion-sponsored edition of Third Thursdays.

[Raul Osorio; Photo by Amy Gee]

An excerpt:

I'm highly emotional, so I think that has a lot to do with the drama behind my designs. I'm really excited to see my brand grow, to see an unfolding story happen chapter by chapter. I want people to continue to recognize my work and enjoy the process with me and the quality of the designs.

Last year was been a great year for me. I have learned so much from the people I've been working with and it's given me a great perspective on how I want to move forward, doing what I love.

In the meantime, I feel that people in the Twin Cities are starting to recognize my work and I'm ready to go to the next level. My goal is to eventually start my own boutique. I want people to feel on top of the world wearing my pieces.

Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment