Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Laura Fulk named one of City Pages' 100 Creatives

Longtime local designer favorite Laura Fulk has been named one of City Pages' 100 Creatives in their ongoing series.

[Laura Fulk. Photo: Marshall Franklin Long]

Choice quotes from the Q&A:

On her career high thusfar: "My first solo show. It was one of the most physically challenging things I'd ever done. I think I went without sleep for four or five days in prep for it. My fingers were numb for a week from sewing so hard. I will never forget that feeling of accomplishment. I hope every fashion designer gets to experience that."

How the local fashion scene has evolved: "Back when I started doing fashion shows I could literally count the number of local fashion designers on my two hands. They were my idols; I wanted nothing more than to be like them. I now consider myself one of those "old school" fashion designers, and I am hopefully now inspiring generations of local fashion designers to come. Currently there are hundreds of local designers, due especially to the undying support of organizations like MNfashion. I think it is pretty much the coolest thing ever."


Click here to read the full feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment