Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vita.mn for 12.18.08-12.31.08 - New Year's Edition

Check out my writing in this weeks' vita.mn:

"Fashion: Local Designer Sample Sale + Thakoon for Target" Cliché's talented designers are unloading their studios and slashing prices while the designer favored by Michelle Obama makes his high-end designs available to the masses.

"NYE '09: (Not-so) Thrifty New Year" Aerialists! Open bars! Live human toys! Where to party if money is no object.

But where will I go for New Year's?
Vita.mn's party at the Loft, duh. Hercules and Love Affair are headlining, with Le Castle Vania, Klever, and my favorite local band, Solid Gold (get there by 9:30, you don't want to miss Solid Gold's set). It's the best line-up in town, and the perfect place to get your dance on.

Hercules and Love Affair


Solid Gold

As for what I'm wearing, I'm planning on hitting up Cliche's local designer sample sale this weekend. My requirements for my NYE dress: It has to be locally-made, one-of-a-kind, and A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. For more locally designed holiday party dresses, check out the Rare Affections dress collection featuring all local designers (curated by me and Emma Berg) at the MNfashion holiday shop.

Look for more of my writing every Thursday in
vita.mn - online and on newstands.

No comments:

Post a Comment